Monday, January 03, 2005

Tribute to an Old Friend

It has come time for me to make tribute to something I hold dear to my heart.
An old friend that brings comfort and humor.
A classic work of art, born in the 80s: Goonies.
I was very young when I started watching this movie with my cousins on their projection big-screen TV. Of course I can be quite obnoxious to those around me: saying the character's lines, sometimes with them, sometimes before them. We can thank this movie for introducing us to vocabulary like hyper-ventrilicating or boody trap.
What's far more entertaining than watching it as a young fifth grader, is watching it with my own kids. I love it when they crack up at all the right spots. Though I have had to give counsel to my son: he kept using sh**, and I was quite confident that I was at no fault for his learning it: he didn't get it from me. After some questioning and re-questioning, I was finally able to pinpoint the origin of the swear word: by beloved Goonies. At this discovery did I act like the mature mom that I am? NO! I giggled like a fifth grader.

1 comment:

JP said...

I CANNOT believe you did no mention the Truffle Shuffle. C'MON! THAT is classic Goonies right there...