Saturday, November 26, 2005

Four Glorious Days

Is there anything as wonderful as NOT being at work? This Thanksgiving, I am so, so, so thankful to not be at work. Don't get me wrong, work is fine. But not being there is finer. Being home these four days gives me the energy to do those little extras around the house. No worries, I'm not wasting my time cleaning, but doing the small stuff that I'm often just too tired to do. Like make my bed (ok, not so fun, but nice when it's done). Or having a house full of kids and making them caramel corn, coloring with them and playing primary with them; staying up late trying to beat T. & S. at Catch Phrase; and trying out new recipes. It's my goal to not leave the house (other than church and then choir) the whole weekend. I'm not being completely disgusting, I am putting on making and even a bra each of these days. Later today we will put up our tree. After more than a week of unusually warm and sunny weather, today has turned cold. The forecast calls for snow and highs reaching just 24 degrees in the coming days, as if opening the invisible gates to the Christmas season.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I haven't put on a bra since Thanksgiving - and that was only because I had to.