Friday, November 11, 2005

Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream

I have dreamt very strange dreams all my life. Freak of nature strange. I think my mom used to wonder about me. Even in to adulthood I dream about very strange things; and people in the very distant past. There have been reoccurring dreams, often disturbing, but lately they have subsided. The house dreams, the teeth falling out dreams, and the “I can’t remember my locker combination” dreams (hello, I graduated high school over 13 years ago) have mysteriously ceased from haunting me. I seek out people who have studied dream interpretation. Why don’t I study it myself? Then I might find out how deeply disturbed I am. Last night’s dream was a first and I can’t seem to shake it. I dreamt that someone beat the crap out of me. No, not my husband. A stranger. But this guy pulverized my face. I kept having to tell my friends and acquaintances what happened, because it was visible that I had an accident or something. The stranger knocked out some of my teeth (which is strange because I haven’t had a ‘tooth’ dream in quite some time). I refused to look in the mirror or feel with my tongue to see how many teeth were missing. Why do I dream these things? I consider myself a fairly nice person without enemies. I don’t lead a life full of crime. I couldn’t me more boring. Am I worried about someone attacking me for the $2000+ worth of Girl Scout cookies that are cluttering my home? The person who clobbered me in my dream wasn’t trying to take anything from me. Maybe it’s time I studied the whole dream interpretation concept and get myself figured out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask Sarah Marinara to interpret your dream. She's pretty good at it. Maybe your dream means there is something in your life you're beating yourself up about.

Tifferbob