Sunday, November 20, 2005

You've Got a Shop Around the Corner

As cheesy as it sounds, I've been a long time fan of the movie You've Got Mail. I think that Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are a fabulous combination.
Like many movies that we love, You've Got Mail is not entirely original. It is based on a 1939 Jimmy Stewart-Margaret Sullivan movie; and this morning I finally got to watch The Shop Around the Corner. I've seen bits and pieces before, but today I got to see it in it's entirety.
It is completely adorable and I was very surprised at how many similarities there were between the two, especially because the second is based on technology not even yet imagined in the first.
Not many people are up before dawn on Sunday mornings like I usually am, but maybe we should all make a habit of it. That's when the good stuff is on cable (and I don't mean Hoochies Gone Wild).
PS Hmmm. Maybe there is a trend. I am also a fan of Notting Hill and it's predecessor Roman Holiday.

No comments: