Thursday, November 08, 2007

Babies Having Babies

Students are milling through the halls with babies. Assignments in Child Care and/or Adult Roles require that both boys and girls carry baby dolls around. So far they appear to just be dolls brought from home, not the mechanical robot dolls that you might have seen.
A girl that is in my English class and in one of my math classes is carrying around a doll for her Child Care class.
I watched her with her baby yesterday. She held it like it was real and must have wrapped and rewrapped the blanket 100 times.
At one point she asked if I wanted to hold it. No thanks. I'm good.
BTW, she's a high school junior.
One of the times she rewrapped the blanket, she was finally content with the outcome, the baby's head was completely covered. That way, according to her, no one in the halls would know that it wasn't real.
I couldn't hold it in. "Half the student body is carrying them. I think they're on to you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to practice making baby's with her, nice tight little schoolie