Sunday, November 25, 2007

T Minus 26

The arrangements have been made. We're coming home for Christmas.
In 26 days.
And it's going to be a long 26 days.
As I go about life here in Utah, 600 miles from home, I keep my guard way up. It's a requirement. I have to fight off the homesickness.
But now, after surviving the arrival of a new nephew two states away, and after surviving yet another Thanksgiving away from all of you, I need to get through the next 26 days.
I can tell my heart is softening. I got teary during the intermediate hymn during Sacrament meeting. It's one that gets stuck in my dad's head and he sings it around the house for a couple of days straight.
My kids are homesick too. Every conversation revolves around Grammy. And I think Maddie and Paige are up to 4 phone calls a day.
Inevitably, December will fill up. It always does. Maddie has a choir concert on the 5th. The ward party with cook-off is the 14th.
I will have distractions. Other things will help me to not dwell on home.
But home will be the biggest distraction of all.

3 comments:

JP said...

well...I just teared up. It sucks that I won't get to spend that much time with ya.

*le sigh*

Tifferbob said...

I know all too well, how you are feeling. There's nothing sweeter than family.

Stay busy! Have a great trip home!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! Incase I don't get a hold of you I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Love Rebecca