Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Out of Control

This is a cry for help.

It started on Halloween.

The eating.

Leading up to October 31, I didn't eat candy, didn't even buy it for the trick-or-treaters until that very day.

But then the flood gates opened.

And by flood gates I mean my jaws.

I have been eating like there is no tomorrow.

I know it's partly hormonal, but that reasoning can only get me so far.

Each day since this disgusting-ness began, I have been shoveling in tons, and tons of chocolate (what can I say, we scored on Halloween). But it didn't stop there. I've also been inhaling (gasp) bread. Bread and butter. Bread with butter and Parmesan toasted. Bread.

Yes. It's true.

I feel like I'm starving. Clearly not.

I've been eating the good stuff too: salad, carrot sticks, zucchini, homemade smoothies, and on top of that bananas and apples. Yesterday, in attempt to fight off whatever illness is lurking, I made a pot of chicken noodle soup. How much did I eat? Two bowls.

And when that doesn't satisfy, bring on the cereal. I figure a bowl of cereal is somewhat better than a bowl of ice cream. It's Lucky Charms to save the day!

Oh geez! I just remembered the BBQ Kettle potato chips I found in David's car late last night.

I don't even like BBQ flavor! Did that stop me?! NO!

One of two things is going to happen: I'm going to burst wide open, literally at the seams. Or my blood sugar is going to completely give out on me, and I'll collapse in a puddle.

Either way, I'm going to be about 40 pounds heavier next time you see me.

1 comment:

malibustacy said...

Aw, it's OK. I think it's the time of year. I do it too. Like I know I get to hide in sweats for the next 3 or 4 months so what they hey? =)Hee hee. Alexis's Halloween chocolate didn't last 3 days here. I'm lucky they're little enough to still like the nerds and skittles and not even second glance the chocolate. More for me! =)