Friday, November 21, 2008

Just When I Think I've Got the Hang of It

Living in Utah is so weird!

(but I still like it)

This is the third BYU-Utes football game since I became a Utah resident.

There is just nothing like this rivalry where I come from.

Do you bleed red? Or do you bleed blue? My friend's little girl has her nails painted red on one hand and blue on the other because their house is divided. I'm pretty sure that in the past I've told you about my aunt's neighbors and their meticulously cut lawns, with a perfectly trimmed Y, and the other a U, cut in to their grass. (it really is cool)

Just now on the radio there was talk about some Utes fans having a tailgate party with a big screen in a stake center parking lot and BYU fans having a kegger. The madness!

But on the other hand, it is kind of fun to see so many people so passionate about what they love.

Except it's more than passion. It's some kind of sick obsession, and when one team wins, the fans of the losers cry "cheating", and blame the refs.

I will not be watching the game tomorrow, because there is no safe place to just go and enjoy the football game. There will either by chaotic celebrating or, well, violence and tears.

Maybe I'll just sit at home and watch a new movie.

PS I'll tell you what I'm NOT doing! I'm not going to see that stupid Twilight!

2 comments:

JP said...

WHY you gotta go there?!

Jennifer B. said...

I DID GO SEE TWILIGHT!! IT WAS AMAZING!! LOL!