Thursday, April 09, 2009

Brown-y Locks?

If you've seen Isaac lately - no, I'm not starving him. The virus that turned my house upside-down last week really wiped out our boy.

Last night David was shoving homemade peanut butter cookies in Isaac's face, trying to get some meat back on his bones.

Our boy has been growing his hair out. At nearly 10 years old he's in to (gasp) The Trend.

When he is fresh out of the shower, it makes for an awesome little 'do, but he's a night time shower-er, so many mornings he goes off to school looking sort of... wild.

Last night I forced him in to a haircut. He thought he could be in charge and tell me "No".

Nice Try.

We tidied things up, keeping the length so that he can have 'wings'.

When David got home, he was disappointed to learn that I'd taken Isaac for a trim. (ok, at first I told him we buzzed it)

Don't you think it's weird that THE DAD is disappointed that THE SON is sporting a shorter 'do?

He's living vicariously through Isaac's freedom to be shaggy.

I get it now!

It goes back to when he (David!) had to shed his locks because of a fussy girlfriend (me) 15 years ago.

2 comments:

Tifferbob said...

Scott likes when I let Noah grow wings and little curls in the back.

You'll have to post a picture of his hair.

Tiercy said...

So funny! I am sooo NOT a long hair a guys kinda girl. I hope my boys don't ever discover this trend. But if they do, I will follow your example and let them. They need to spread their "wings" after all.