Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More Cell Phone Driving Dangers

I finally let Maddie ride her bike to school today.

On the way home? She wrecked.

She was putting her cell phone in her pocket, causing The Accident.

She ended up with a big scrape on the side of her knee (that's bruising), there's a tire mark on the back of her calf from her friend's bike. She even ended up with a big scrape on her chest. Another friend's dad stopped and made sure her finger wasn't broken.

She says she didn't cry. She can be so tough and brave. Sometimes.

Let's take a poll: do you think she'll want to ride her bike again tomorrow? Or will she be content with me driving her?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did that once. Except for I was talking on the phone to Jamesson while I was riding my bike. I went head over heals, throwing my phone out of my hands, and scraping everything that hit (me, the bike, and the phone)! I laugh because it was so stupid of me. I learned my lesson and now if I get a call while riding my bike I walk my bike.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

My guess is she will still want to ride her bike just to prove she can. It's a teenager thing. I could be wrong.