Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Night Sofa

The house is quiet.

Finally.

It's my Thursday night.

Finally.

It started several years ago - probably around the time Must See TV was born.

But lately it's been few and far between.

Thursday night. My way of celebrating and rewarding myself for surviving the week.

I stay up way past my normal bedtime and soak up all that smutty TV has to offer. In the early days (and back before DVR) it was F*R*I*E*N*D*S and ER. A few years back I graduated to Grey's and now Private Practice.

Not long ago, David invited me to watch Grey's in our room while he slept. That was one of the most romantic things he's ever done.

I'm headed back to the couch, my trusty old friend, to finish one show, and will maybe dive in to another.

Nothing ruins Thursday nights like a rerun - and May is just around the corner. All of the suspense and drama will wrap up with a season finale, then keep me on the edge of my seat until mid-September. But I'm going to live in the moment, going to get comfy, and watch Izzy spew chemo all over Meredith's wedding dresses.

Cheers

(smirk - Cheers - another Thursday night contributor)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I was thinking of. Thursday nights became special to me starting back in the day when Cheers was the show to watch. Now I can't get enough of the Office!! Rebecca