Monday, April 27, 2009

You'd Think We Were Italian

I. Am. Giddy.

What started as one of my wacky cravings (nope, not pregnant) has turned into an impulse purchase.

But let me back up.

I think I've mentioned before, one of our many family traditions is to make ravioli from scratch. We even served them at my wedding - without Jody's fingernail. We had ravioli at Jaye's wedding too.

About 30 years ago, my great-grampa Johnson built a ravioli cutter out of wood. (boy do I miss the sounds and smells of him working in his garage)

That cutter is now a family treasure. (the only treasure this family has)

It's been a long time since we gathered together to make raviolis.

Too long.

I hope the wait is over.

Presenting: My impulse purchase and a junior to my grampa Johnson's work of art - my own ravioli cutter!

2 comments:

JP said...

I actually just choked up a little.

Idiot.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I wish I still lived near you. I would "accidently" show up around dinner time. Mmmm...raviolis!