Monday, December 22, 2008

Debbie Downer Moment

Feel free to stop reading now. I'll never know.

Many of us here in Utah saw this accident in Provo Canyon on the news today.

And only a handful of you know that I lost my uncle in an accident in almost the exact same spot in 1990.

So I've been a little edgy today, anxious to know the identity of the teenagers involved in today's crash. I'm very relieved to know that none of them are students of mine.

But still very sad for their families.

My poor kids are going to be on the shortest leashes when they are teenagers. I don't want to live in fear, but every time they walk out the door, especially when they are in a car driven by a teen, I'm going to be a mess. Unfortunately I know of too many families whose lives have been turned upside down because of a tragic accident.

How are we going to get through it?

We're going to need to stock up on some sedatives, maybe?

1 comment:

Tiercy said...

Pass the word on to me so I can stock up too. BTW - they don't have to be teenages...a classmate of Ethan's (1st grade) passed away over the break due to complications of the stomach flu.