Saturday, April 16, 2005

When the Snot Takes Over

I catch a lot of colds. For about a year and a half I was only getting a three week break in between my colds. Our germ pool was huge: two different classrooms in elementary school, two different daycares, my job, David's job (RETAIL, hello!), and church. Not to mention the times we brought home germs from visiting our family.
Our 'pool' is much smaller now that we've moved 1,000 miles away. I've had a nice long stretch since my last bought, which was the full-blown flu in January.
Here I am, again with a cold. There are some comforts worth indulging in...
1.) Juice. In this no-carb, no-sugar world juice has become the enemy. But I have been having a full-on love affair with Tang this week.
2.) Hot compresses on my face. I just discovered this a couple of years ago, but I should use them even when I'm healthy. It's quite relaxing, but hard on the skin.
3.) TV. I love TV. This is the time when I can prop myself up on a pillow, guilt-free, and take in all that Regis and Kelly have to offer. Kelly just had strep (BTW).
4.) M&Ms. They don't make my sinuses magically clear, but I enjoyed about 1 pound of them yesterday.
5.) My Shower. I heavily depend on my shower each and every morning, like many depend on their cup of coffee, to get me up and at it. When the snot and pain have taken over: even more so. When I am sick the water is hotter, I stay in twice as long, and I ignore the pounding on the bathroom door. I love my shower.
I'm thinking of wearing a badge when I'm feeling like this. All that I come into contact with would read something like this...
"My head is full of pressure and snot.
Please do not hold me accountable if I say something stupid or run you off the road.
Check in with me in a few days, I'll be less weird then."

1 comment:

Jaye said...

It is nice to know that others feel my pain.