Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Yet Another Weather Report

I hope all of you back home are soaking up beautiful, warm, sunny weather; the kind I know Sacramento is famous for. Maybe it's only 'famous' in my eyes, but I'm missing it.
As we speak/write, the temperature in Mytown, MT is a whopping 30 degrees. The snow that is falling is not the big, puffy, white flakes. It's the tiny, cold, blowing-straight-across-in-the-wind kind of a snow. I don't even know if there's enough moisture to help our drought-stricken town.
Many of you received news via email that our family grew over this past weekend when we adopted a black lab puppy. She's a sweet girl with all the personality typical in a puppy. What better time to walk this adorable Benny than with the wind and snow pelting me in the face.
Will this be our last snow of the season? These poor, beautiful tulips that have popped up in front of homes all over town have got to be so confused. What about these trees that have been producing beautiful blossoms? I've been counseled to not plant anything until after May 15. I've just about convinced myself that even then we'll still be seeking shelter from the cold.
So you lucky Californians, enjoy the warm. Enjoy the sun. Enjoy the opportunity you have to comfortably wear your sandals and capris while I continue to pile on the layers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might as well know now: take coats and blankets in your car when you go to see the fireworks on the 4th of July, even if it is 107 degrees that afternoon. You might not need them, but then again, you might.