Friday, January 14, 2005

Communicating with Hairdressers

I almost always leave the hairdresser 'place' angry. I've tried many different places, but whether it's my hair, or Maddie's (7) or Isaac's (5), I've almost convinced myself that I do a better job with scissors and clippers.
I could bore you with endless examples, but I'm here to ask you what I could have said better to communicate to the hairdresser what I want the end result to be.
Yesterday I took Maddie & Isaac for a hair-o-cut (Isaac'ism). I told Maddie's 'hairdresser': I want to keep as much length as possible, and phase out the layers over the course of the next few haircuts (cleaning up our last fiasco). The end result: only the bottom layer was cut. She didn't touch the rest of Maddie's hair, not even a trim. So she left without her hair having that fresh, clean, even look. Did I word it wrong? Are my expectations to high? What should I have done differently? besides avoiding this haircut-place, which I will do in the future.
By the way, this is a real treat for Maddie to get her haircut, it's only the 5th time (her blond hair was down her back until Aug. '04, said cut - my un-trained hands did a great job).
PS Isaac's haircut wasn't perfect, either.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Do I have to pay $25 each for my kids haircut?
Also, she charged me full price.

JP said...

oh, no she di'nt.