Friday, January 28, 2005

Pack 'em Up & Move 'em Out

The time has come for me to say goodbye to Small-town, Nevada. We've enjoyed our time here. This is a great place to raise a family. But we are off to our next adventure in Montana. I am completely freaking out. It will happen quickly, with my husband set to leave in just 3 weeks. There's so much to do. So much uncertainty. We broke the news to our kids and family today and we were met with mixed reaction, even some name calling. My brother called me a sh#$head. It's okay, I felt the love. I'm excited about what's in store for us, but I'm sad to be without our family, even sad to leave our new life here in Nevada. We've made friends, and I truly love my co-workers and job. I've grown fond of our Elementary school and day care and all of the teachers Maddie & Isaac have had. I know there's new friends to make, new church people to meet, and special experiences waiting for us in our new town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! (in my best Napoleon) Like I said, I do feel a twinge of jealousy. I think you're going to love it! Just make sure to visit OFTEN! And get a house big enough for guests, you never know who might drop in.....

-Jody

Anonymous said...

Where in Montana? I lived in Glasgow, Glendive, and Bozeman growing up and loved all three of them. My grandmother is still in Miles City. I love the whole place, mountains, plains, and badlands.

marta