Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Hidden Pick-Me-Up

I'm not sure that I've ever been this sick before. I'm not seeking sympathy, just a fore-warning on this potentially senseless blog. I've been off the couch just a few times since Monday night. Fever, chills, coughing, and phlegm. What more can a girl ask for.
A lot of TV has been consumed this week. I don't think it's been shut off, even during the night. I've gotten to see some good stuff: Regis & Kelly, Ellen, F*R*I*E*N*D*S reruns, and an honorable mention to the presidential inauguration. Maybe a few too many episodes of Will & Grace. I must also mention: American Idol.
But the real thrill is something I stumbled upon just this afternoon: Duran Duran! John, Simon, Nick (& others) performed two songs, one of which "Hungry Like the Wolf"! It was very much a pleasant surprise, and I must admit, it gave me a little pick me up. The only thing that would have made it more exciting was to have had the cast of F*R*I*E*N*D*S singing backup.
P.S. Who was my Duran Duran crush in the 80s? John Taylor!

2 comments:

JP said...

I love DD....LOVE THEM.

I remember when you had a slumber party one time and Dad turned of HLTW video. Good times. I don't remember you ever having one after that. Interesting...it scarred you for life. hmmmmm.

Alicia said...

Jess, I hope you get better. I'm not jealous of your maladies, however I do with I could watch more Friends re-runs. Prime. Also, a small shout out for Duran Duran!