Saturday, January 15, 2005

I'm home. Not the home where I reside in Nevada with my husband and kids. Home home.
Friday: After an unusually long drive through Lake Tahoe and the Sierras, I arrived at my parents' house to spend a quiet evening with my family.
Quiet my @$$! My mom & dad's house is only 1400 square feet. When you throw in them, me, my siblings, mix in a couple of spouses & children, and Grandma too, it's complete chaos. JP has plans to report my clever, witty, intelligent remarks. But in my defense, it was a really long drive, I was a bit loopie.
How fortunate I am to have such a wonderful family. I not only love them, but thoroughly enjoy them. We are hysterical. But not in front of anyone else. When an outsider comes along, we're just comedic wanna bees.
My family knows how to eat. My mom is an incredible cook (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), dad's a genius at the BBQ, and we really enjoy our food. Last night was no different. We may have eaten an entire pig last night, BBQ'd to perfection. Unfortunately, I was full from the Big Mac in Truckee. Did that slow me down? only slightly.
Saturday: As I sit here, just before 8am, I can't decide if I want to run all over town be with as many loved ones as possible before I return to Nevada on Monday, or do I just want to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to see you--always fun. Baby C is ADORABLE!! Tell J thanks for sharing. Sorry I was a bit preoccupied sunday night......grandpa on my mind.

-Jody