Monday, January 10, 2005

Isaac'isms

I guarantee this will be a re-occurring theme. Come on, the kid is a genius.
1.) Saturday morning we were relaxing in front of the TV enjoying a bowl of cereal. A commercial came on, one I had never seen, with an animated phlegm. I quickly changed the channel, we were, after all, eating folks. Isaac (five years old) proceeds to complete the commercial I had abandoned, naive to how disgusting phlegm is. Though I was nearly gagging, I couldn't stop his enthusiatic description of this character 'Phlegm'. My Honey Nut Cherrios stayed put, but just barely.
2.) Friday evening it quickly became clear: Isaac hadn't slept at daycare. Everything was stressing him out, even bringing him to tears. Finally when bedtime approached, a dysfunctional Isaac was sobbing. He wanted Dad. He wanted to sleep in Dad's bed (future topic: our dysfunctional sleeping habbits). But I literally dragged him into Maddie's room. Her big bed could easily accomodate the three of us while I comfort and calm the boy. As a routine, I burst into song (no, I'm not good). The theme of the evening: "The Sound of Music". I ran through my favorites, the ones I know the words to. Upon completion, Isaac tears up AGAIN. "Mom, you didn't sing all of them!" I reassured him that I had. Then the back and forth, no you didn't, yes I did. Finally, he had been pushed too far. "YOU DIDN'T SING THE ONE ABOUT MARIA!"

1 comment:

JP said...

He kills me. You frighten me. We're all good. ;)