Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Outlet Mall

I've become quite irresponsible. My obsession with current events causes me to log on several times a day for headlines. An obsession caused by traumatic events in our little world dating all the way back to the mid 90's when the UniBomber struck just 2 blocks from my then office. Later that same week Tim McVay struck the federal building in Oklahoma City. Then skip to the bomb in the World Trade Center in 1993 (I was living on the east coast at the time), and of course again, when our world really shook when the Trade Center collapsed on 9-11. I'm on guard.
But lately, current events have taken a small step aside. I am intrigued by fellow bloggers. Whether I relate or not, I love this opportunity to learn more, then barf out my not-so-intelligent thoughts. I'm thrilled that JP shared this with me and hope she doesn't regret it. I enjoy that this is ours, unshared with other relatives, though I wouldn't mind if J joined in. I hope that my participation doesn't inhibit her. I'm quite confident she has more to share. I hope she'll share it with me.
I never knew that I was such a chatty Kathy until I moved away from, well, my life. I have been starved for conversation, especially with other girls (I'm not a woman or a lady, I'm just a girl). This has provided me an outlet, one that will help keep my flapping jaws under control.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Jess... this whole blogging world may get me fired one day because I am the most chatty Cathy of them all. I am glad JP shared you with us and I believe this experience will just help you understand and love one another even more.

JP said...

ohh...so right there with you, Kaycee. I find when I'm slightly more on the selfish side not thinking about the horrors of this world, I'm more at peace. Not sobbing and rambling like and idiot while hubby wonders why the hell he ever married such a freak.

Jess: Once again...I'm glad you blog. It was my service to you to shed the blogging light on you. I find blogging very therapeutic...and apparently I thought you needed that. hahahaha.... ;D