Thursday, January 06, 2005

Noise Pollution

My kids hate noise. They have from the beginning. When I was pregnant with Maddie, she would do cartwheels in my tummy the instant the vacuum cleaner was turned on. After she was born I would strap her into her car seat and set her just outside the front door so I could get the vacuuming done with out upsetting her. Isaac is just as bad. He complains about the volume on the car radio. I've noticed that they both run from the toilet as soon as it's flushed, not for fear of getting swallowed up, but because it's loud for them. If we're in a public restroom with the big industrial toilets: forget about it. Mom has to flush while Maddie or Isaac stand back with their hands over their ears. So my question is: if their precious little ears are so delicate, WHY ARE THE TV AND COMPUTER ALWAYS UP SO LOUD?

1 comment:

JP said...

um...how is it that I have NEVER noticed this?

MAYBE ITS BECAUSE WE COME FROM THE MOST CHAOTIC FAMILY EVER WHERE IT IS ALWAYS LOUD. How the hell do they survive when we get together?