Thursday, January 13, 2005

Surreal Life Nightmares

I saw something disturbing last night on TV. No, I'm not going to sue like that loser in Ohio who is going after Fear Factor. No one was holding a gun to my head and forcing me to watch this.
A little background. As previously mentioned, I am overwhelmed with an upcoming decision. Any time I have a little stress, I lose sleep. The routine is for me to go to the couch, snuggle up with the remote control, turn on the sleep timer on the TV, and hopefully I'll be out in 15 minutes. It's not always the case.
Last night (or early this morning) I landed on the latest season of "Surreal Life", the show for washed-up, has-been celebrities. As some of you may have already experienced, your judgement on appropriated TV viewing is not the best in the middle of the night. So I watched.
I'm not familiar with even half of the 'stars'. 'Peter Brady' is on there, Mini Me, and I think one of the former Go-Gos. My questions is: why do people apply for this job?
Among all of the other juvenile, drunken behavior, Mini Me was wasted. Dysfunctionally wasted. So much so that 'Peter Brady' had to carry him to bed. Once there, he lay there moaning for several minutes. Eventually, when his roommates were asleep, he got out of his bed, then rode his little scooter around the house - NAKED. But that's not all, my friends! He proceeded to urinate IN THE CORNER! His mother must be so proud! Why do people want to be famous so badly that they put their worst moments on TV?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that also.....hubby and I couldn't believe what we were watching....and feeling SO sorry for poor 'Peter Brady'. Sorry, nothing against little people/midgets (what's the p.c. term?), but hubby and I decided that would freak us out seeing a drunk, naked mini-me scooting around on his scooter, and then actually peeing--in the corner! Precisely why I will never be on one of those shows, famous as I am, I wouldn't want to embarass my mother, she's been through enough with me as her child!

-JRHW

JP said...

I finally have figured out who JRHW is. Slow. I am slow.

I'm also quite glad that I have not subjected myself to the horror that is The Surreal Life. Just hearing about it I have an overwhelming sense of ickiness. And I was made at myself for watching ER...again!

Anonymous said...

EEeekk...when I read stuff like this...well let's just say I'm glad I opted out of cable! *sheesh*

:)
Miss Swizz
swizzlestix.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I admit I was watched the entire thing. As I mentioned to my sister it is SIck Sick Sick. But, like a train wreck I watched in horror as it happened and fear of what would happen.....and deep down I laughed. I am a sick individual...and I know it.